- Why is it important to understand the history and studies that lead to the language of DISC behaviors?
- What are the four core dimensions of DISC behavior?
- How do the four DISC dimensions combine to create the 12 integrated behaviors?
- How should a DISC report be interpreted?
- What should be avoided?
- How can the language of DISC be used in training activities, team development, coaching programs, and selection?
- Complete a DISC Compass Report
- Receive a debrief of your report by a trained professional or have attended a ‘Pointing Toward Success’ class
Session 1 — DISC History and Application – using the Reference Manual (1½ hours)
PreSession Work (1+ hour): For this week you will need to read Chapters 1-4. Also come with the answer to the following question: I have had the most difficulty dealing with or working with people who…?
- “Start with Why!” Why is it important to learning the Language – (PDF on the values for learning DISC ).
- How is DISC defined? Why is it considered a Universal Language of observable human behavior?
- What is important about the history behind DISC?
- How do you define and go about learning the Language?
- What are the basic DISC Types (As we walk through the DISC types, can you identify the people you have had difficulty work with? How does it relate to behaviors?)
- Review and recap – Questions will be given for you to review.
Session 2 — Advanced Understanding and Use of the DISC Report (1½ hours)
PreSession Work (1+ hour): Read through your reports and identify the page that you feel provides you with the most information and the page that you have the most difficulty understanding. Identify your location on the compass and at least two other people from the course who are in different areas of the compass than you and note the difference in your DISC graphs.<
- Which sections of the report did you like the best and why?
- Which sections did you have the most difficulty understanding?
- Review remaining sections of DISC report
DISC reportsDISCcompass™ Coaching
DISCcompass™ Lite General
DISCcompass™ Lite Sales
Session 3 — Advanced Understanding of DISC and 12 Behavior Types (1 ½ hours)
PreSession Work (1 hour+): Before class you must have at least one or two people complete the report and ensure that instructor has a copy. Review their reports with them using supplied interpretation guide.
- How did you do? What worked? What didn’t?
- How do you read the DISC Compass? Why do unusual graphs not show up on the Compass?
- What are the differences in the individual DISCcompass Segments
Session 4 — Advanced Understanding of the 12 Behavior Types (1½ hours)
Continuation of last PreSession work: The focus is on the 12 Integrated Behaviors.
- How should the 12 integrated behaviors be interpreted and used?
- How do you use the 12 integrated behaviors to add additional information for a debrief? (Review homework examples with the 12 integrated behaviors in mind.)
Session 5 — Team Training (1½ hours)
PreSession Work (1+ hour): Review Instructor Guide for Pointing Toward Success. Be prepared with questions regarding areas where additional information is needed.
- What is the best way to teach Pointing Toward Success – using the Instructor Manual?
- How can I address the common FAQs about DISC?
- What additional workshops can I run?
- Review some suggestions for making your Workshop Fun!
- How can I make the Language of DISC a continuing learning experience for my teams?
Session 6 — Graph reading (1½ hours)
PreSession Work (1+ hour):Revisit reports in Session 3 focusing on wheel location and 12 Behavior Types and Strengths. What relationships do you see between the location on the wheel and the individual’s greatest behavioral strengths?
- How can I read people through behavioral actions?
- Interpreting graphs – How does the interaction of all the styles define a person behaviorally?
- Class participation – sample graphsHow should the Natural graph be interpreted?
- How should the Natural to Adapted graphs be compared?
- What are some advanced interpretations that can be used?
Session 7 — Coaching and Selecting (1½ hours)
PreSession Work (1 hour+):
- How can I utilize what have learned and my knowledge of the Coaching report for one-on-one coaching?
- How can the DISC report be used to facilitate work and better communication in Dyads and Triads?
- How can DISC be used as a part of the selection process?
- What DISC resources exist on the internet?
- Questions & how to prepare for the exam.
Session 8 (1½ hours)
Extra session as desired by participants for additional attention to any areas covered
- 2-year license to use Workshop Training materials ($500 value)
- PowerPoint Slide Deck
- Workshop Participant Guide in PDF in conjunction with DISCcompass™ reports purchased from Viatech Global
- Access to Instructor site for additional materials
- Access to all training materials as listed above
- Ongoing mentoring and support
- 10 DISCcompass™ profiles (retail value $850.00)
Exam – Must be completed within 2 weeks for certification!!!